Monday, May 22, 2006

On down to San Antone...

So, for the past two weeks I was in San Antonio. The reason I was there was for Army training. To be specific I was learning some extra drug and alcohol training tips and tricks (on a side note I had the highest scores on both the written and oral tests). It was mostly something the enlisted folks go to, but some civilians are there too. During the day we would learn about the dangers of alcohol and in the evening almost everyone would get drunk. There were two exceptions myself (Justin) and a man named Stewart. Stewart is a Mormon Bishop and president of his ward in Hawaii, he was a pretty cool guy. Stewart and I were the designated drivers. What I would like to tell you about are the dangers of being a designated driver. I was sitting there minding my own business at this piano bar (here I will explain this concept- the idea is that there are two grand pianos on a stage and two guys playing on them taking requests from the audience and generally being silly, they were pretty good and knew lots of songs). All of a sudden all the drunk people decided to order Jaggier-bombs (a mix of Jaggiermeister and redbull) and one drunk man spilt his all over me (1). Later I was being shouted at by a drunk man to order a Shirley temple and a margarita was spilt on me (2) which caused someone’s vodka and something else to spill on me (3). Afterwards a full corona and a Shirley temple were spilt on me at the same time (4 and 5). At this point I decided (using my designated driver powers) that it was time to leave. I finally managed to round up everyone who came with me and eject them from the bar. It was about 1230 in the morning and then I got them back to the hotel, took a shower and went to sleep. The strangest thing was the next morning I woke up to find the strangest rash on my body were all the alcohol and been. Needless to say I was unhappy. There were two things that made it worthwhile 1) no one died in a car accident 2) everyone that was not me or Stewart had a terrible hangover which made my last day that much cheerier when I shouted good-bye to all the sleepy people after our last half-day of class. The lesson: don’t drink and drive and don’t be a designated driver just stay home and don’t drink (if you do go Shirley Temples are too sweet).

No comments: