Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Fortune, Fitness, and Chinese Buffet's

The other day my wife and I went to a Chinese buffet. The food was okay… it was after all a buffet (I don’t like buffets very much). What really got me was the fortune cookie. Everyone has their own particular brand of funny when it comes to fortune cookies “After...hehe…after you read it you should say ‘in bed’ heh. Get it? Then it’s funny because it’s a fortune, hehehe, in bed!” right well that stopped being funny years ago, but keep on doing it if you find it so terribly amusing. My fortune cookie was quite possibly the most eerie thing I have ever seen. It said “Pick another fortune cookie”. How often do you see a cookie refer to itself in the first person? Or at all?! Most of the time they seem to be pretty content being a carrier for a message, as opposed to being part of the message itself. I refused to get another, I will not have dough control my life.

On an unrelated note I have an APFT tomorrow. The APFT is the Army Physical Fitness Test. It makes sure I’m not too slow, too weak, and not too fat. So far I have not failed. I have to run 2 miles in under 16 minutes, do more than 45 push-ups in 2 minutes and more than 50 sit-ups in two minutes. I can do the allotted push-ups and sit-ups in under a minute. The run however is where I tend to suck. Oh and the better you do the more “points” it is worth. Just passing is 180 points (each event is worth up to 100, but a minimum of 60 is required). I usually score somewhere in the mid 200 range. I come close to maxing the push-ups do okay on the sit-ups and pass my run panting and wheezing and just barely eking by. I can’t seem to bring myself to care all that much, so there you go! Well have a nice day on the internet.

No comments: